Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Making My Blue Heart Red Again [Poem by Enyonam Apaloo]


When we first met, I didn't think it possible
My heart, so cold was frozen by the past hurt
It was kept under lock and key
But with all the strength I had
I couldn't fight the feeling deep within
I tried not to think of you
To tell myself that what I felt was a mistake
That I was fine being all by myself
A lie, even I could not convince myself was true

I see you and a unique kind of warmth just captures my whole being
I battle with my feelings as I try to keep you from making my blue heart red again
For I am afraid you will hurt me
Afraid my heart will freeze again and the numbness worse than before

I told myself "don't love him for you will only get hurt"
Then i closed my eyes and there you were
Reminding me of all the things I feel

I'm tired of holding back.
My longing for you overcame my fear
Your gentle touch conquered my defenses
And when you held me in your arms and said you loved me
The glacier in my heart began to melt
As the warmth of your love filled my soul.

1 comment:

  1. Imagine my joy to see my poem on another blog. I'm grateful that my work was acknowledged. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete